The best way to make fried pickles.
Fried pickles are delicious. Luckily, they are also easy to make.
Chef Anthony DiBernardo at Swig & Swine in Charleston, South Carolina has a simple recipe for turning pickle spears into a tasty fried delight.
What you need:
- Dill pickle spears
- Seasoned, all-purpose flour
- Egg wash (eggs, milk, and a little bit of cold water)
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
How to prep:
- Start with a handful of spears and drop them into the seasoned flour. Give them a toss to make sure they’re lightly coated. Shake them over the bowl to remove any excess flour.
- Then, drop them into the egg wash. Give them a quick spin to make sure the wash coats completely (the breadcrumbs need something to hold on to while they fry). Let the excess drain off as you take them out of the bowl.
- Next, it’s time for a coat of the seasoned breadcrumbs. Just another light coat on this step as well, just enough to coat the pickle, but not too thick. Shake off any excess.
- Lastly, drop them into a preheated fryer, or pan with oil, for just a couple of minutes. Or until the coating reaches a nice, golden brown color.
Stay up to date on all things Bluff City Weekend!