Mixologist Nick Manlavi at Civil Pour knows how to make an Old Fashioned, the old-fashioned way, and he'll show you how to make it with these quick, easy instructions (and a little extra flare!)
If you’re a bourbon drinker, there’s a simple drink you need to know how to make at home–The Old-Fashioned.
According to our neighbor mixologist, Nick Manlavi, it could be the oldest way to make a cocktail featuring bourbon–maybe. But you’re not here for the history lesson, you’re here to learn how to make this drink!
Nick, formally from Civil Pour and now at P.O. Press, showed us how to make an Old Fashioned, the new Old-Fashioned way.
- 2 ounces of bourbon or whiskey
- 1/4 ounce of simple syrup
- 3 dashes of angostura bitters
- 3-4 dishes of orange bitters
- orange peel
- Stir your simple syrup into your whiskey.
- Add your angostura and orange bitters.
- Add ice and stir rapidly.
- Add an orange peel for garnish.
It’s that easy! Whether you’re hosting a party, our relaxing at home with a nice cocktail, knowing how to make this iconic drink will automatically take your bartending skill to a higher level.
You might also like…