We love these.
This Kentucky Legend recipe is the perfect appetizer for anything gathering. Try it for your next gathering or dinner!
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, divided
- 3 cups (750 mL) coleslaw blend
- 2 cups (500 mL) bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped green onion
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Turkey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- Plum sauce
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220°C). Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook coleslaw blend, bean sprouts, green onion, ginger and garlic for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add turkey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- On a work surface, lay 1 egg roll wrapper. Spoon some filling along with a bottom third of the wrapper. Fold bottom over filling, bring in sides and roll up tightly to enclose. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Arrange egg rolls on prepared pan, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart. Brush all over with remaining canola oil. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown all over. Serve with plum sauce for dipping.
Tip: Buy a large jar of plum sauce – it’s fantastic with spring rolls, chicken balls, and roast duck or turkey, as well.
Per 1 egg roll
- Calories 140
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 0.4g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 350mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 5g