This Southern staple is well worth making yourself.
Pimento cheese is a Southern favorite that is surprisingly easy to make yourself. We took this classic dish and added monterey jack for a more mild flavor that you’re going to love!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, hand shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, hand shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced pimentos
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Hand shred cheddar and monterey jack cheese.
- In a bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Add additional ingredients and stir until combined.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour.
If you’re looking to take this recipe a step further, give this a try!
Copyright 2018 The Southern Weekend. All rights reserved.